Random Thoughts

Random thoughts that occur to me that I am sending out into the great void.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summer Days are almost over

School is almost here again;-) I can feel it in the air and it was very apparent at the malls! This past weekend I got to go Edmond. When I say I was alone, I simply mean no hubby or kids. It was a nice mini vacation;-). Besides... no one here likes to go shopping, so to go expressly up to edmond to spend time with family I don't get to see nearly enough for the express reason of shopping... was wonderful!! Had a great time with Jchon's cousins, sister and mother. (But boy are the girls PICKY!!) I have so much on my mind to post, but I never think of it until I am driving. Really need to get some paper in my car. Ok.. So one thought that I am looking for opinions on... please feel free to be honest... I had back surgery about 3 months ago. Now the scar is small, but still pretty much the only one I have. For my birthday in October, I really want to get a small feminine tattoo incorporating my scar. Hubby has never been a fan of tattoos, and therefor is not widely in favor. I am trying to something to "pretty it up". Thoughts? I am so on the fence. I know that I would really like it now, but am I going to feel like a fool when I am 80 and have a tatoo on my lower back? I would probably never tell the boys not to get a tatoo anyway (might just encourage them to get one where it is less obvious), but is this just my desire to be a little wild and something I am going to regret? hmm.. I just don't know;-)

2 Comments:

At August 6, 2008 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

Cool! Why don't you go see a tattoo artist and see if they can help. Ian Messerli of Smilin' Ricks is VERY creative. Go for it! I'll go with you!

 
At August 12, 2008 at 8:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it has to do with what you get and why. If the tatoo has meaning and that meaning will transcend time, go for it. Maybe you can go to the tat artist and get some pics of ideas and take them home to hubby and maybe you can bring him around that way.

Not that I have any tatoos, if I ever did I think I'd get a small rose with a stem, a couple leaves and a couple thorns on the back of one of my shoulders.

You could get something related to your faith or your kids--just some ideas.

Jenny

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home