Random Thoughts

Random thoughts that occur to me that I am sending out into the great void.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm still here...really

I have been very quiet lately. You know the old adage "If you can't say anything nice..."? Well, I have not been saying anything at all;-). Obviously I am struggling with frustration and discouragement. If you could pray for me, I would really appreciate it!

On a different note, JJ had tubes put in his ears on Friday and his adenoids out. Everything went really well except for waking from anesthesia. He cried and cried for about an hour. Kept saying "I don't like this place. I want to go home now". Poor kid. But after we went home, he slept for a while and woke up fine. It is really great having his hearing back. I was so tired of yelling and not knowing is he was just being a 4 year old boy, or if he really couldn't hear me!;-)

The funniest part was when they gave him the "silly juice" before he went back. It was to calm him down so he wouldn't care that we weren't going back with him for the actual anesthesia. About 10 min after they gave it to him he was watching the little portable DVD player they have there for the kids, snuggling his favorite blanket and bear and turned to me (with VERY glazed eyes) and asked what would happen if we stuck a blanket in the TV. I was laughing so hard, it took me a couple of minutes to actually answer him. Then he was wobbling his head like a bobble head doll and said " My head feels wobbly. It won't stop wiggling". Again laughing so hard it was hard to respond in a responsible manner. I was laughing so hard that while I noticed he was slowly getting closer and closer to the DVD screen, I didn't realize what was about to happen until it did. He leaned closer and closer and then got so close he bonked his head on the screen. He wasn't hurt, but seemed really surprised that the screen jumped up and hit him. It really was funny. Poor Kid.

OK.. a few pics to leave you with. JJ wanted to talk to a neighbor boy, and couldn't see over the fence, so here was the ensuing action. that boy has some serious perseverance!








1 Comments:

At January 23, 2009 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

What a little monkey!! That silly juice is funny stuff. Reagan had the same thing done when he was 4. Definitely made for some laughs at his expense (poor kid).

Wow - I had no idea you had been writing on your blog - I was behind!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home